[U-Boot] MPC8313RDB evaluation platform hangs on nand configured U-boot

RobertMMorgan at eaton.com RobertMMorgan at eaton.com
Mon Dec 8 15:31:13 CET 2008

After successfully compiling U-boot source (2008.10) using the PowerPC
tool chain, I successfully built a U-boot-nand.bin image for the
Freescale MPC8313RDB evaluation platform using "make
MPC8313ERDB_NAND_33_config".

After flashing the image using the Freescale JTAG, and setting the
appropriate DIP switch settings to boot from nand flash, the following
message appears over the HyperTerminal serial communications port:

 "NAND boot... transfering control"

and the system hangs.

The Freescale ltib U-boot source code seems to work just fine, however,
I would like to use the latest U-boot and take advantage of the YAFFS2
support.

If someone has experienced this problem and would not mind sharing with
me the resolution, I would be very much appreciative.

Regards,

Robert Morgan
Senior Embedded Controls Engineer
Eaton Corporation