[U-Boot] FSL DDR @ 83xx

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Tue Dec 9 19:01:53 CET 2008

Jon Loeliger schrieb:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 18:02 +0100, Andre Schwarz wrote:
>
>> Kim,
>>
>> I'd like to change my DDR setup code since it looks like my computed
>> values are not perfectly stable on our 8343 based board.
>>
>> This implies using a fake SPD and the related code to set up the controller.
>>
>> Is the "new" common FSL DDR setup code (cpu/mpc8xxx/ddr/*) stable for
>> 83xx or shall I stick to cpu/mpc83xx/spd_sdram.c for a while ?
>>

> The new, common DDR code in use by the FSL boards does not
> yet cover the 83xx family, though the plan is to eventually
> do so.
>
> Patches in that direction, are, naturally, welcome... :-)
>
> jdl

Is anybody working on this ?
The spd_sdram code lacks support for 3 bank adress bits and various
termination schemes which
are essential for tiny boards with soldered memory.

Of course I could contribute for the 8343.
But I don't now about the "others" (85xx/86x) in detail and don't want
to scatter #ifdefs all over the code ...

regards,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstraße 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler  - Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 271090
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner