[U-Boot] mtd partitions

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Dec 9 20:21:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 06:09:08PM +0100, Carlos kescuin wrote:
> I'm using a Coldfire m5329EVB and I would like to make some partitions (one
> for kernel and one for filsystem) on my NAND FLASH (16Mb). I've tryied to
> search the u-boot options (u-boo 2008.10) but it doesn't work at all.
>
> Does anybody know the configure options or at least how to succeed in
> partitioning my NAND Flash?

U-boot doesn't currently support NAND partitions, though the mtdpart code
that was added for UBI could conceivably be hooked up to NAND in the
future.

For now, just pass the right addresses to u-boot for loading the kernel,
burning the filesystem, etc, and configure matching partitions in the OS.

-Scott