[U-Boot] Adding NAND Boot to uboot

Fahd Abidi fabidi at ultsol.com
Wed Dec 10 17:37:10 CET 2008

Hello,

I am relatively new to uboot development and was wondering if someone
can give me some pointers. I am trying to configure uboot to bootup from
NAND on CS0 on an MPC8536 platform. I am trying to disable the FLASH CFI
driver (No NOR flash on the board ) and add support for the FSM NAND
flash controller on the 8536. Thus far I have written the NAND flash
driver but I am having some issues disabling the NOR driver. From by
board.h file I tried just commenting out the lines:

CFG_FLASH_CFI_DRIVER
CFG_FLASH_CFI

and added the line:

CFG_NO_FLASH

but I get compile errors. How do I tell uboot to disable the FLASH CFI
driver, for instance if I want to load uboot into ram and run from ram?

Fahd Abidi
Sr. Field Application Engineer
Ultimate Solutions, Inc.
Your Single Source for Professional Development Tools and Embedded
Solutions
Ph: 978-455-3383 x255
Fx: 978-926-3091
Email: fabidi at ultsol.com