[U-Boot] bootm command: is there any load address limitation for fdt?

Richard Retanubun RichardRetanubun at RuggedCom.com
Thu Dec 11 15:36:44 CET 2008

Jerry Van Baren wrote:

> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
>> Dear Richard Retanubun,
>>
>> In message <49404A1C.1070801 at RuggedCom.com> you wrote:
>>> I am trying to limit the amount of memory needed to load and boot a linux kernel (2.6.26)
>>> to do this I loaded my fdt at address 0x20_0000 and uImage at 0x_30_0000
>
> FWIIW, your FDT blob should be a whole lot less than 1MB, like 4K-16K.
> I've taken to loading it 0x8000 (32K) before my linux image.
>
> [snip Wolfgang's diagnosis of the overwrite problem]
Dear Wolfgang and Jerry,

D'oh! I forgot that my uImage is compressed. Thank you for the prompt diagnosis.

My FDT blob is a whole lot less than 1MB, thanks for the 32K recommendation.

- Richard Retanubun.