[U-Boot] SATA/IDE/etc... init

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Dec 11 20:23:37 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 07:47:18AM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> btw, does nand_init() fall into the same category ?

Hmm, in general I'd say yes, but that raises the issue with certain
drivers (such as fsl elbc) of how to communicate the ECC layout being
used to the kernel.  Currently (or at least, with a patch that was
posted) the kernel will leave u-boot's configuration alone.  Perhaps we
should add a device tree property.

> should i convert that to a "nand init" step ?

No, if initialization is deferred have it happen automatically when the
first real nand command is run.  We already defer the bad block scan in
this manner.

-Scott