[U-Boot] U-Boot hangs after uncompressing image

Marco Antônio Possamai marco.possamai at mail.com
Mon Dec 15 17:44:49 CET 2008

Hello, all!

As the title says, it hangs when uncompressing the image. The board is
the MPC5200b Lite.

Got the device-tree blob after compiling it from the lite5200b.dts. Used
the latest device-tree compiler (v1.2.0);

Got the file cuImage.lite5200b to pass it as image.

Stored 0x00010000 in fdt_addr_r. Stored the path to the dtb file in
fdt_file and the image file in the bootfile.

Image's at 0x01000000.

Some commands I've used:

$ tftp ${fdt_addr_r} ${fdt_file}

$ fdt addr ${fdt_addr_r}

$ tftp 0x01000000 ${bootfile}

$ bootm 0x01000000 - ${fdt_addr_r}

Here's what the GtkTerm spills:

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 01000000 ...
Image Name:   Linux-2.6.26.8-dirty
Created:      2008-12-10  18:40:18 UTC
Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
Data Size:    1741950 Bytes =  1.7 MB
Load Address: 00400000
Entry Point:  00400550
Verifying Checksum ... OK
## Flattened Device Tree blob at 00010000
Booting using the fdt blob at 0x10000
Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Then it hangs...

I've read the FAQ section about it and it simply says it could be a bad
device-tree. I'm not sure how to check it.

I'm using the latest U-Boot and the 2.6.26.8-dirty (as shown above), by
the way.

Thanks for your patience.

My PC specs:

Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)