[U-Boot] v2009.01-rc1 is out - update of release schedule

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 17 00:24:39 CET 2008

Hi everybody...

first the good news: v2009.01-rc1 has just been released.

Not the not so good news: as you can see from  the  release  name  we
have  shifted the schedule by nearly a full month. There were several
reasons for doing so:

- We are (actually: I am) late with merging all the patches that have
  been submitted for this release.

- The remaining time would not allow for thorough testing, especially
  since most people are not available because of Christmas vacation.

- Shifting the release date allows us to get re-synced with the LInux
  release cycle, i. e. we try to avoid an overlap of the Linux and the
  U-Boot merge windows.

Thus, the new planned release date is January 17, 2009.

Sorry for the delay...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
On the subject of C program indentation: "In My Egotistical  Opinion,
most  people's  C  programs  should be indented six feet downward and
covered with dirt."                               - Blair P. Houghton