[U-Boot] u-boot didn't mount ramdisk ...

mike xu clumsguy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 12:35:41 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Mike,
>
> A: Full quoting.
>
> Q: And what is the second most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
>
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>
> Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
>
> A: Top-posting.

> Please STOP top-posting / full quoting. Read
> http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
>
> In message <7103aeea0812190158u7e08cb33j4fd33c8d75320b5b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> So quick response :).
>> Yes, I download it into memory manually by `tftpboot a0a00000 ramdiskfile`
>
> Then your ramdiskfile is probably not a ramdisk  file  recognized  by
> your  kernel.  Can  you mount it locally using the loopback device in
> Linux?
Mike:
It could be mounted via loopback device. Below is the steps I made the
ramdisk image:
dd if=/dev/zero of=initrd.bin bs=4k count=4096
sudo /sbin/mke2fs -F -v -m0 initrd.bin
sudo mount -o loop initrd.bin /mnt/initrd
sudo cp -av $(ROMFSDIR)/* /mnt/initrd
sudo umount /mnt/initrd
gzip -f9 initrd.bin
../openWRT-BL2338_DEV/build_dir/host/mkimage/mkimage -O linux -A mips
-T ramdisk -C gzip -n 'Test Ramdisk Image' -d initrd.bin.gz uRamdisk

Thanks.