[U-Boot] What shall u-boot do before passing 'root=/dev/ram0' to kernel?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 19 12:21:56 CET 2008

Dear Mike,

In message <7103aeea0812190201mb1345b6r9ff2c3f9c5b6849b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Maybe I need try to generate the big endian
> format ramdisk...
> Any ideas of generating big endian format ramdisk on a intel PC?

I know it's kind of insulting to make such a suggestion, but would
you, as an exception, consider reading the manual?

The required options (if any) obviously depend on the command used to
crate the file system image, i. e. on the file system type.

And pleast stop top posting / full quoting.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,  neat,
and wrong.                                               - Mark Twain