[U-Boot] ARM926EJ-S: defining TEXT_BASE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Dec 21 10:00:51 CET 2008

Dear Roman,

In message <40a670230812201748j4409f3ffwfaed5cea15663cc4 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I have a trouble defining a valid TEXT_BASE value. On my chip, after
> reset 0x0 and before remap points at NOR flash, RAM is mapped to
> 0x1000_0000. Therefore, U-Boot image should be linked to 0x0000_0000
> address to properly start off the flash, i.e. TEXT_BASE defined in
> $(uboot)/board/my_board/config.mk should be 0x00000000, right?

NO. On ARM (where proper relocation has never been implemented yet)
TEXT_BASE points to the start address *after* copying the image to
RAM,
i. e. it is an address in RAM.

> How should I do then?

Fix your TEXT_BASE.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,  because
that would also stop you from doing clever things."       - Doug Gwyn