[U-Boot] Error in buffer data for NAND flash write, read on OMAP3430SDP.

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 14:41:16 CET 2008

Radha Krishna said the following on 12/24/2008 01:37 AM:
> nand dua ...this commad is simple and executes nand erase,nand write and nand read APIs. Write data and read data are like 1,2,3,4,5....131072.
>
> For comparing byte by byte data, using two buffers write_buffer, read_buffer both are of size 131072.
>
> U-boot version:
> U-Boot uses a 3 level version number containing a version, a
> sub-version, and a patchlevel: "U-Boot-2.34.5" means version "2",
> sub-version "34", and patchlevel "4".
>
> I got the U-boot from the URL:
> https://omapzoom.org/gf/project/bootloader/frs/

I think you are with a really old U-Boot if the above is the place you
picked it from! if you look up the boot message it probably should be
1.1.5 or something of that revision. You can find the old revision in
[1]. We are attempting to merge in patches to the very latest 1.5
release which still does not have SDP3430 support (but can be done with
a little effort). You can see this new community initiative for a
mainstream OMAP3 U-Boot in [2] - but note, it is still a work in
progress and yet to be accepted in the mainline tree (But I guess we are
getting pretty close to it now)..

Regards,
Nishanth Menon
Ref: