[U-Boot] My Linux kernel hangs at the Uncompressing Linux ... phase

Diptopal Basu diptopal.basu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 16:10:01 CET 2008

Hi ,

I have compiled a Linux kernel ( version 2.6.22.19 )  for ARM
at91rm9200dk board, I used the mkimage utility in U boot load the
kernel at a specific area of memory . ( Skyeye Simulator )

However I get the Uncompressing Linux ... message and it stays at that
line indefinitely ...
attaching screenshot ... this is on the skyeye simulator .

I am just booting the kernel I do not have a device tree blob or
anything else here , that is , I compiled the kernel with at91rm9200dk
defconfig, got the zImage , used mkimage to add a U boot header and
using bootm <memory location where the file is flashed > command to
start it .

What could be the problem ?

Regards
Diptopal Basu