[U-Boot] no kernel console output !

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 13:45:55 CET 2008

Hi Tony,

tjzkzs wrote:
> I use at91sam9260ek board, forgot to mention this. last time I said:
>
> hi all,
> when i use u-boot 1.1.5 boot kernel 2.6.22, no kernel console output,
> development enviorment i use:
> cross_compiler: arm-2007-eldk.iso

No console output can be caused by several things, all hard to debug
since you are running blind.

I'm not an arm expert, but u-boot 1.1.5 is suspiciously old, especially
when trying to boot a fairly recent linux kernel.  Can you upgrade it?

Can you boot an older version of linux with your 1.1.5 u-boot?

Do you get any console output in the linux memory buffer?
   <http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis>

When you halt the processor with your debugger, what is it doing?  Where
is it?  What procedure is it in?  Can you get a stack trace to see where
it came from?

Are you passing the right options on the command line to tell linux what
console parameters are?  (Is your "atag" info right?  I'm ignorant of
how this works, just know there is something there.)
   <http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/booting.php>

> Best regards,
> Tony Zheng

Good luck,