[U-Boot-Users] 440EPX is not booting from 1Gb/128MB NAND flash

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Feb 7 06:24:35 CET 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Nikhil Gautam wrote:
>  I am trying to boot my board which is based on Sequoia 440EPX. The
>  only difference between my board and the reference board is that I
>  have a 1 Gb NAND flash ( NAND01GW3B2A) instead of 256Mb flash present
>  on reference board.
>
>  In U-boot I have changed the board configuration file to reflect correct
> specs.
>
>   * Now the NAND chip has to be defined (no autodetection used!)
>   */
>  #define CFG_NAND_PAGE_SIZE      (2048)          /* NAND chip page
> size          */
>  #define CFG_NAND_BLOCK_SIZE     (128 << 10)     /* NAND chip block
> size         */
>  #define CFG_NAND_PAGE_COUNT     (64)            /* NAND chip page
> count         */
>  #define CFG_NAND_BAD_BLOCK_POS  (5)             /* Location of bad
> block marker */
>  #define CFG_NAND_4_ADDR_CYCLE                   /* Fourth addr used
> (>32MB)     */
>
>  I have also changed the eeprom configuration word to
>  0x87788252
>  0x0947D010
>  0xA0A82358
>  0x0D050000
>
>  Is there any other place where some NAND configuration is defined?

Could be that nand_spl/nand_boot.c needs to be changed to support booting from
2k page sized devices too. It was only tested on 512 byte page devices till
now.

I can only recommend to debug using an BDI2000. But you have probably already
realized, that NAND booting debugging is not that easy.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de