[U-Boot-Users] [patch] add support for "eeprom info"

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 25 17:02:04 CET 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Well, there is a big difference between NOR flash  and  your  device:
> NOR  flash is memory, but your's is a storage device attached to some
> bus interface (SPI here). The problem is that we don't  have  a  good
> solution to interface with such devices yet.
>
> Using the eeprom command for such devices is misleading, IMO. If  you
> can  live  with the spiflash command, then this is not perfect, but I
> guess it will have to do for now as we don't have a  better  solution
> yet.

so we're clear, the proposed interface is:
spiflash info
spiflash <read|write> address offset count
spiflash erase offset count

and once this comes together (i dont think it'll take long), we can consider a
generic "flash" command.  i'm still not sure what it'll gain us (if
anything) ... but i guess once we have more things to look at and compare, we
can make a better decision
-mike