[U-Boot-Users] Flash Functions !!

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Jul 4 10:29:50 CEST 2008

Hi Amit,

> We are using board pxa255, UBoot version 1.3.3, FLASH chipset is PC28F256P30B85
> (two chipsets) connected to same chip select. This FLASH supports CFI and
> U-Boot code has CFI_FLASH.c.
>
> Do we need to write functions (Read, Write, erase) for this FLASH or U-Boot has
> support for this already?

If the chip is CFI compatbile, you only need the correct CFI driver
related configs in your board config and everything should simply
work(tm).

Cheers
  Detlev

--
I can understand that things like user-level libraries have to take crazy people
into account, but the kernel internal libraries definitely do not.