[U-Boot-Users] Release status - things to be done

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Mon Jul 7 22:30:01 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Open question:
>
> * Are CFG_64BIT_LBA and CONFIG_LBA48 kind of redundant?
>   At least it seems that CONFIG_LBA48 requires CFG_64BIT_LBA to be set
>   or we will have problems due to insufficient size of the data types.

Hi.
I wrote the LBA48 patches a loooong time ago (~4 years ago).
They are not redundant, as it is possible to do LBA48 sopport with only
32 bit variables (supports up to 2.1TB disks)

This was done (upon your request if I remember correctly) to save image
size for IDE support for (at that time) normal disks.

The 64bit LBA config variable also added %q as a length specifier to
printf to be able to print a 64 bit number.
I think printf now has gottent support for %llu ? If it does, there are
som printf's within CONFIG_64BIT_LBA that can be changed.