[U-Boot-Users] Problems with root JFFS2 on NAND Flash

Stuart Wood stuart.wood at labxtechnologies.com
Thu Jun 26 20:16:32 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Grant Erickson
<gerickson at nuovations.com> wrote:

> Without knowing more about the specific origin and configuration of your
> kernel, version and configuration of u-boot and model, revision and geometry
> of NAND, it is difficult to speculate.
>
> I am using:
>
>    AMCC PowerPC 405EXr
>    Samsung K9F1208U0B NAND
>    U-boot 1.3.3
>    Linux 2.6.25-rc3-DENX

I'm using the following:
      Cirrus Logic EP9302 (ARM920T)
      ST NAND256W3A2BNG   NAND
      U-boot 1.3.3 modified for the EP93xx
      Linux 2.8.18 + EP93xx patches

> Are you certain that u-boot and linux are in agreement about the NAND layout
> and format? I had some initial problems in that area until I applied a patch
> to u-boot (prior to 1.3.3) that addressed the issue and brought the two into
> agreement.

Can you expand on this? I've set the partition tables to be the same
between the two,
but I'm not sure what else needs to synchronized. MTD version?

--
Stuart Wood

Lab X Technologies, LLC
176 Anderson Ave.