[U-Boot-Users] Latest U-Boot MD5 compile error??

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Thu May 29 11:22:12 CEST 2008

All,

Okay, I have tracked this farther into the compilation problem.
I have no reason to believe that 'my system' is any different that any
standard stock FC5 box, other than its been original since FC5 was released,
pending updates.

Looking through the code, though I haven't nailed it, it would seem that
between:

#include <linux/types.h>
	typedef __kernel_dev_t		dev_t;

#include <asm/posix_types.h>
	typedef unsigned int	__kernel_dev_t;

There are discrepancies in how '__kernel_dev_t' is defined.
Now, I haven't found yet where 'dev_t' is defined.

Can somebody possibly think of a reason this is being thrown?
Again, I have downloaded the latest U-boot git tree, like 5 times to ensure
that I am not using 'corrupted' code. Also have ensure that this problem
doesn't exist prior to commit SHA -
8cf30809a82902a471866d2f07725ce3b8a22291.

-Russ