[U-Boot-Users] Latest U-Boot MD5 compile error??

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Thu May 29 23:54:51 CEST 2008

All,

Possible fix, since I am a newbie at messing with somebody elses code can
the owner of the MD5 code verify this problem / fix??

I found that if I did the following with changing some include files, this
will now compile on my older FC5 system. <Oddly I tried the newer ELDK42,
etc.. not sure why this is broke on my box, but it was not the ELDK install
or the source code being corrupted>.

MD5 Compile Fix:

1) In file 'include/u-boot/md5.h' change the
	#include <linux/types.h> --> #include <asm/types.h>

2) In file 'tools/md5.c' remove the reference to
	#include <linux/types.h>

This corrects the problems on my system and removes all compile / errors and
warning about implicit declarations for the string.h functions as well as
the double declarations for __kernel_dev_t

-Russ