[U-Boot] MAKEALL ml507_flash return "Not enough room for program headers" error

Benny Chen benny.chen at groundprobe.com
Mon Nov 3 07:59:39 CET 2008

Hi there,

I am trying to build a U-Boot image for the ML507 board running from
FLASH and got the "Not enough room for program headers" error.

The main difference for my setup is the toolchain.  I am using the
powerpc-eabi-ld linker from Xilinx's EDK tool chain to build the
ml507_flash design for U-Boot.

I have seen a patch on the linker script for the mpc8555cds board and
tried adding the patch to the Xilinx/ppc440-generic/u-boot-rom.lds but
got the "relocation truncated to fit R_PPC_REL24" error.

Before going further with debugging this problem, I would like to check
if this problem is due to the powerpc-eabi tool chain from Xilinx?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Benny

$ ./MAKEALL ml507_flash

Configuring for ml507 board...

powerpc-eabi-ld: u-boot: Not enough room for program headers (allocated
2, need 5)

powerpc-eabi-ld: final link failed: Bad value

make: *** [u-boot] Error 1

size: './u-boot': No such file