[U-Boot] Building u-boot for the AT91RM9200-EK circa 2008

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 4 00:02:12 CET 2008

Dear Pink Boy,

In message <15593.6415.qm at web31812.mail.mud.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> At least I have I have some sort of peg in the ground to
> start with.  Right now I worry about trying to get the CFI to
> work because as a noob I'm in the dark on a lot of things

If you're in the dark, you can still  admire  the  many,  many  small
stars that shine on you, while others who walk in the bright sunlight
may feel warm and comfortable, but actually live in a somewhat poorer
world :-)

> 1) How to port the CFI to the AT91RM9200DK.

There is nothing to port. You just enable  it  in  the  board  config
file.  See for example the recent patch for the TQM8260 board. That's
all you need to do.

> 2) Create a board support for the AT91RM9200EK based on that.
> 3) Generate patches that are acceptable.

If you use git, then all you need to do is using git-format-patch and
git-send-email :-)

> Personally I think that Atmel is doing people a disservice by
> not classifying the AT91RM9200 as not for new designs since
> there is no current support for it.

Well, they still want to sell those chips.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If there was anything that depressed him more than his own  cynicism,
it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Guards! Guards!_