[U-Boot] Building u-boot for the AT91RM9200-EK circa 2008

Pink Boy dasfoo at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 02:48:56 CET 2008

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> The thing is: we will not accept any such (new) code for
> mainline. And switching to using the CFI driver is trivial.

Okay then.  I was able to compile u-boot 1.3.4 for the AT91RM9200DK
with changes so that it can handle writing to the flash on my custom
board base don the AT91RM9200EK.

Seems to work but writes to flash are very slow...

However it's a hack of the DK board. I will try over the next week
or two to make a version of the AT91RM9200DK u-boot that uses the
CFI driver. And then submit a patch for that.

Matt Harper
Tehama Wireless