[U-Boot] mini-pci wireless driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 12 22:56:54 CET 2008

Dear "Lance Zhang",

In message <49EF8B38CAABF74C8FFEA1405FDFBE923CD361 at suzexch01.taihootech.com> you wrote:

> My questions are: How can I support wireless network card on U Boot?

Correct. And there is no support for TCP/IP einther, nor do  we  have
X11  or  Gnome,  and  there is neither Eclipse nor Firefox available,
not even OpenOffice or iSCSI support.

To make the story short: U-Boot  is  a  boot  loader,  and  a  pretty
powerful one, but there are certain tasks where it makes sense to use
an OS.

> I want to implement a wlan mini-pci driver, But when I see U Boot source
> tree, there is no codes related to wireless, do you have any suggestion
> on how to add wireless support on U Boot? Or is there any U Boot
> branches that have already implemented wireless extension on U boot?

Don't waste your time. Use U-Boot to boot asmall configuration of
Linux with WLAN support included, and use this to do whjat you want to
do.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
       There is enough for the need of everyone in this world,
       but not for the greed of everyone.     - Mahatma Gandhi