[U-Boot] mini-pci wireless driver

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Wed Nov 12 16:10:22 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:11:29AM +0800, Lance Zhang wrote:
> I am sorry about the format.
>
> My questions are: How can I support wireless network card on U Boot?
>
> I want to implement a wlan mini-pci driver, But when I see U Boot
> source tree, there is no codes related to wireless, do you have any
> suggestion on how to add wireless support on U Boot? Or is there any
> U Boot branches that have already implemented wireless extension on
> U boot?

It's going to depend on lot on your hardware.  Some wireless hardware
does all or most of the wireless bits in firmware (e.g. prism2).
Drivers for such hardware look a lot like ethernet drivers.

Other hardware expects a lot of help with the wireless bits from the
host CPU (e.g. ath5k).  For hardware like that, you will need to add
something like the mac80211 stack from Linux.  That will be a tons
of work...

Hth!

John
--
John W. Linville		Linux should be at the core
linville at tuxdriver.com			of your literate lifestyle.