[U-Boot] U-boot resets when booting Linux kernel

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 20 16:25:59 CET 2008

Dear Simon,

In message <28d526a60811200646m4495f30dic4e1b6edbc2cab3d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm trying to install a Linux kernel 2.6.22 on my U-boot git from October 2008.
> It look like this:
>
> => bootm fc010000 - fc008000
> ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at fc010000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.22
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    773524 Bytes = 755.4 kB

Which architecture are you talking about? PowerPC?

> Any suggest why U-boot act like this?

Your kernel image looks way too small for a 2.6.2x PowerPC kernel
image. Are you sure you are using a sane configuration which includes
all the essentiual things?

And did you try a port-mortem dump of the log buffer?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's another way to survive.  Mutual trust -- and help.
	-- Kirk, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown