[U-Boot] MPC5200B: Trouble with config pins

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Fri Nov 21 17:38:09 CET 2008

Hi Andre,

On Freitag, 21. November 2008, Andre Schwarz wrote:
> Have a look at the manual chapter 4 (=Reset + Config).
> SRESET (issued by gpt0 - watchdog) isn't supposed to do a full hardware
> reset.
> Looks like you should make use of the SRESET and trigger HRESET
> accordingly.
>
> I could solve this with _not_ using the internal watchdog but an
> external one (TPS3828),
> i.e. watchdog timeouts and reboots are always issued by PORESET.

We are using an external watchdog now. But same behaviour. It hurts less,
because we increase the length of the active reset signal to add more time to
let the pin "find" its low level. But I'm not really happy about this
solution...

Regards,
Juergen

--
Dipl.-Ing. Juergen Beisert | http://www.pengutronix.de
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686