[U-Boot] Can I run ELDK on Cygwin

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 27 10:09:40 CET 2008

Dear "Diptopal Basu",

In message <bd97640b0811262219m78c06b82id1cc5304d470484b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

>  I am new to U boot and my ultimate goal is to port uC Linux on an ARM 9T
> based board . I want to work on the cygwin environment . Is it possible to
> use ELDK on Cygwin ?

No, you cannot. The ELDK needs a Linux host environment. You can  run
it  under  coLinux  or  any  other  method to run a virtualized Linux
system on a Windoze host, but this is explicitely not  suppoerted  by
us. Do yourself (and us) a favour and use a Linux host.

BTW: That was an ELDK question and should have been posted on the ELDK
mailing list - it was off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory  that,  with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.  - Wernher von Braun