[U-Boot] Cannot enable interrupts Olimex SAM9-L9260

Björn Saläng bjorn.salang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 13:53:15 CEST 2008

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply.
When reading further down in the sam9l9260.h we find:
/--------------------
#ifdef CONFIG_USE_IRQ
#error CONFIG_USE_IRQ not supported
#endif
--------------------/

Seems odd that something as essential as interrupts aren't supported.
So we defined CONFIG_USE_IRQ as 1 and commented out the lines above.

Then we received the following errors:
start.S:171: Error: undefined symbol `CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ' in operation
start.S:171: Error: undefined symbol `CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ' in operation

Looking in our start.S for our processor we found:
/-------------------
#ifdef CONFIG_USE_IRQ
/* IRQ stack memory (calculated at run-time) */
.globl IRQ_STACK_START
IRQ_STACK_START:
    .word    0x0badc0de      <<---- badc0de! Seems like a hint that
somethings wrong...
#endif

--------
stack_setup:
#ifdef CONFIG_USE_IRQ
    sub    r0, r0, #(CONFIG_STACKSIZE_IRQ+CONFIG_STACKSIZE_FIQ)
#endif

So what is needed in the start.S to activate interrupts?

Regards
Björn & Andreas