[U-Boot] [83xx] [RFC] Widening the scope of u-boot/cpu/mpc83xx/cpu.c : upmconfig

richardretanubun richardretanubun at ruggedcom.com
Wed Oct 15 23:35:39 CEST 2008

Hi Kim,

I recently tried calling the u-boot/cpu/mpc83xx/cpu.c : upmconfig function
to configure one of my UPMs to work as a Compact flash controller.

When I tried the compile I am getting the error from the #else of this code

void upmconfig (uint upm, uint *table, uint size)
{
#if defined(CONFIG_MPC834X)
[snip]
#else
    printf("Error: %s() not defined for this configuration.\n", __FUNCTION__);
    hang();
#endif
}

Two questions:
1. Can the CONFIG_MPC834X limitation be relaxed? (I am using an MPC8360E), If so, what should it be? CONFIG_83XX?
2. Can the #else action be changed from a printf to a #error? Something like this, maybe?

#else
    #error upmconfig function not defined for this configuration.
#endif

This alerts earlier during compile and not a hang during run time.

Please let me know what you think and I can submit a patch for it.

Thanks for your time

Regards,
- Richard Retanubun