[U-Boot] Malformed ARP packets

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Sep 19 13:57:42 CEST 2008

Remi Lefevre wrote:
> Thank you very much for your clues as I'm stuck on this for almost a week.
>
> [snip]
>> Is this DIMM memory sticks with using SPD configuration or are the SDRAM
>> chips soldered to the board?
>
> They are soldered.

Yup, thought so. ;-)

> My SDRAM is a Micron MT48LC16M16A2. My init sequence is exactly the same as
> the one in "freescale/mpc8266ads/mpc8266ads.c" or "sacsng/sacsng.c" that use
> MT48LC8M16A2 , but I checked it anyway.

The SDRAM init sequence is odd, but hard to get wrong because it is
invariant and there are plenty of working examples.

> My PSDMR values have been given by another product using exactly the same
> board and same HWCR configuration (PLD). But I will check them again.

That is the critical issue: the PSDMR values.  If all else fails, read
the part number off a chip that is on your board and download the
datasheet for *that* *exact* part number.  Sometimes manufacturers
upgrade their parts or hardware makes a "compatible" substitution and
the timing is different.

[snip]

> Thanks,
> Rémi