[U-Boot] Uboot Remote gdb gives segmentation fault and hangs

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Fri Apr 24 22:10:33 CEST 2009

On 11:48 Fri 24 Apr     , alfred steele wrote:
> Thanks !
>
> > which ICE do you use?
>  I use the  the BDI3000. Could there be something wrong with the
> U-boot image or the way u-boot doing a partial u-boot initialization.
> The fact is that it does not even show the entry point/reset vector
> address in startup. Could it be that my uboot elf image isn't laid out
> correctly in the memory becuase of an incorrect linker script. How do
> i go about debugging this.
I do not known your schematics but I've seen on some boards a ICE crash due to
a reset signal generated by the board. Normally the ICE is supposed to inform
you and the continue to work. But it"s not always the case.

As ask you Wolfgang do you try other toolchains. If you want I can share you
mines

Best Regards,
J.