[U-Boot] U-Boot ARM merge strategy, was: there are non-DM6446 DaVinci chips

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 25 09:03:51 CEST 2009

On Friday 24 April 2009, Ben Warren wrote:
> My approach is that once the merge window closes, new patches that are not
> bug fixes go into 'next', which is for the release after the current one (in
> this case 07).

Then I'm curious how that dm9000 EEPROM reading bugfix
landed in net/next ... or is the point that the merge
window for 2009.05 is still open, since RC1 hasn't yet
been tagged?

My question on that one is how it ever happened in the
first place!  My thought was that only four boards in
the tree seem to use that driver.  The AT91sam9 board
(whichever) explicitly disables the EEPROM access, as
if maybe it were observed to be broken.  Two of the
other boards are kind of old, maybe not used much.  And
ISTR counting the fourth board as the one I was poking
at, on which the bugfix was developed.