[U-Boot] U-Boot ARM merge strategy, was: there are non-DM6446 DaVinci chips

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 09:18:44 CEST 2009

Hi David,

David Brownell wrote:
> On Friday 24 April 2009, Ben Warren wrote:
>
>> My approach is that once the merge window closes, new patches that are not
>> bug fixes go into 'next', which is for the release after the current one (in
>> this case 07).
>>

> Then I'm curious how that dm9000 EEPROM reading bugfix
> landed in net/next ... or is the point that the merge
> window for 2009.05 is still open, since RC1 hasn't yet
> been tagged?

In this case a pretty good argument could be made that it's a bug fix
and not a feature, so can go in 2009.05.  Obviously bugs that break
builds get more attention than ones that have been in code for a while
and nobody noticed.  I'll ask Wolfgang to pick it up directly.  As
you're noticing, how and when patches are picked up is open to many
interpretations.

regards,
Ben