[U-Boot] [RFC] Build errors in u-boot mainline and daily builds

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jan 3 16:18:52 CET 2009

Dear Remy,

In message <3efb10970901030310r7cfc1245g97ac0db4375ddc33 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I started a server to do only daily builds of all U-boot board
> configurations. (currently on a old slow box, but it works, it takes
> about 2 hours to build all boards for ARM only)

I appreciate your efforts. Actually this is  something  everybody  is
supposed  to  do  before  submitting  a  patch,  and  especially  the
custodians before submitting a pull request.

Unfortually, that's theory only :-(

> Currently I only build for ARM based boards, but there is no limit on
> architectures, if I have all the cross-compilers.
> I use the Denx ELDK for ARM as cross-compile toolchain.
>
> First, I discovered some build failures of which the logging is listed below.
> What can we do about these errors? Are these boards still maintained?
> Should these be fixed? Who wants to fix them?

These are questions for the ARM custodian to answer.

The problems are well known - I reported these several times before.

> Further, is there any interest to make the daily build results public?
> * Is it appreciated if I post the build results in a daily post to the
> mailinglist, _if_ there is a build failure? (No news is good news)
> What format is preferred?

Please do not post such results here.

> * Or is it preferred to post the results on a website?

Yes, that would be beter, IMO.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Text processing has made it possible to right-justify any idea, even
one which cannot be justified on any other grounds."
                                                 -- J. Finnegan, USC.