[U-Boot] Problems with USB mass storage on at91sam9263

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Jan 15 13:03:20 CET 2009

Hello,

> So - I'm willing to rest my case :-) BUT there is something strange, since the "bad" stick works fine in Linux and Windows...
> -Any ideas about possible reasons for the difference?

There has been many improvements to the USB stack lately that at least
it works nowadays on these cores.
However, there are still a number of bugs to solve, so we are not there yet.
Besides, the USB stack only supports a single device at a time, and
does not really support hotplug, it is a completely different USB
stick than Linux is currently using.
The FAT driver also only supports read-only.

So, you cannot really compare the U-boot USB stack with the Linux/Windows stack.
It shows, however, that there are still bugs in the U-boot USB/FAT code.

> -Is there any specific known requirements for the sticks (except for FAT)

FAT32 and VFAT should also work, but if I knew the exact
'requirements', I also knew how to solve the bugs...

Kind Regards,

Remy