[U-Boot] Enabling POST for canyonlands board

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Jan 30 11:29:00 CET 2009

Hi Afzal,

On Friday 30 January 2009, Afzal Nadirshah wrote:
>      Thanks for the reply. I looked into the file that you mentioned and
> also the README as well as the POST directory. I could not go into the
> details very minutely. From this I have understood that
> 1. Support for POST for canyonlands board is present.

Yes. General POST support for PPC4xx is available. Could be that the CPU
specific POST test (like UART, EMAC etc) have to be adapter for 460EX though.

> 2. To enable POST for canyonlands board, I only have to define the required
> macros.

Yes. And IIRC add a small board specific function (post_hotkeys_pressed()).
You can clone this function from kilauea again.

> 3. I do not have to add / modify code to test the peripherals on
> the canyonlands board.

What peripherals are you referring to? Kilauea has the following POST tests
defined/enabled by default:

/* POST support */
#define CONFIG_POST             (CONFIG_SYS_POST_CACHE          | \
                                 CONFIG_SYS_POST_CPU            | \
                                 CONFIG_SYS_POST_ETHER          | \
                                 CONFIG_SYS_POST_I2C            | \
                                 CONFIG_SYS_POST_MEMORY | \
                                 CONFIG_SYS_POST_UART)

Again, it's very likely that the UART and/or EMAC tests have to be adapter for
460EX. I don't think POST has been tested on 460EX before.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de