[U-Boot] Enabling POST for canyonlands board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 30 15:21:26 CET 2009

Dear Stefan Roese,

In message <200901301129.00489.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> > 1. Support for POST for canyonlands board is present.
>
> Yes. General POST support for PPC4xx is available. Could be that the CPU
> specific POST test (like UART, EMAC etc) have to be adapter for 460EX though.

This must be checked thoroughly!

> > 2. To enable POST for canyonlands board, I only have to define the required
> > macros.
>
> Yes. And IIRC add a small board specific function (post_hotkeys_pressed()).
> You can clone this function from kilauea again.

No. Adaption for the  board  must  be  done  thoroughly,  too  -  for
example,  the I2C POST needs to know the list of I2C addresses on the
board, etc. All this must be verified carefully.

> > 3. I do not have to add / modify code to test the peripherals on
> > the canyonlands board.
>
> What peripherals are you referring to? Kilauea has the following POST tests
> defined/enabled by default:

This is obviously only a very minimal sub-set of the POST code.

> Again, it's very likely that the UART and/or EMAC tests have to be adapter for
> 460EX. I don't think POST has been tested on 460EX before.

It has not.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A committee is a group that keeps the minutes and loses hours.
                                                      -- Milton Berle