[U-Boot] Enable mtdparts

Vijay Nikam vijay.t.nikam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:17:43 CEST 2009

Hello All,

I have u-boot-1.3.0 running on mpc8313erdb board, and we have received
it with the bsp from freescale. Anyways the u-boot is fine. But they
have disabled 'mtdparts' command. And I would like to enable
"mtdparts" command. I read the section 5.9.3.5 regarding mtd partition
creation ... I did the changes according to this section, but I could
not able to find option to enable "mtdparts" command enable.
(http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCmdGroupFlash#Section_5.9.3.5)

Could anyone please let me know the approach to how to enable the
mtdparts command in u-boot ? ? ? Also do I need to modify the dts file
with respect to partition requirement ? ? ?

Kindly please acknowledge ... thank you.

Kind Regards,
Vijay Nikam