[U-Boot] TSEC ethernet controller problems (crc errors/ corruption)

Ira Snyder iws at ovro.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 3 00:19:18 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 02:25:03PM -0700, Ira Snyder wrote:

> > And what is the SICRH[30-31]?
> > Did you have the matching settings for GMII with 3.3V?
> >

> => md e0000118 1
> e0000118: 00000002    ....
>
> This looks wrong. The MPC8349EMDS board has the exact same setting in
> that register. Writing 0x0 to the SICRH register did not cause the
> problem to go away.

The MPC8349EMDS config has had that setting since it was imported into
U-Boot. I've copied the relevant part of include/configs/MPC8349EMDS.h
below.

#define CONFIG_SYS_SICRH SICRH_TSOBI1

This seems wrong for the MPC8349EMDS board. I tried setting the register
value to 0x0 by hand on my MPC8349EMDS eval board, and the network still
works as expected.

Is this a bug in the MPC8349EMDS config?

Thanks,
Ira