[U-Boot] TSEC ethernet controller problems (crc errors/ corruption)

David Hawkins dwh at ovro.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 9 01:36:46 CEST 2009

Hi Dave,

>>     I'm not ready to claim success, as I need to make the
>>     change on other boards ... but its very encouraging!
>
> Good news, Dave.
> Sure, we need to keep the impedance matching.
> change the series resister.
> Anyway, I strong recommand you to check if the signal
> of GMII interface meet the H/W spec of 8349EA.

I modified a second board, and it wasn't quite as
successful.

The signal levels from the PHY all appear to be within
spec for the MPC8349EA.

Unfortunately we can not probe the pins on the PowerPC
BGA on the MDS board to compare with our board. The
MDS board has the processor socket housing covering
the BGA pins.

We'll continue modifying and testing ... we'll
track it down eventually :)

Cheers,
Dave