[U-Boot] there is no need for uboot to use linux's mtd driver!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 11 21:24:01 CEST 2009

Dear liu.yaojin at zte.com.cn,

In message <200906111737.n5BHblLO059758 at mse1.zte.com.cn> you wrote:

> i am porting uboot to our board.and i am a fresh man to the uboot.
> after several days on studying uboot.i found uboot's mtd drvier framework
> for nand is very foolish!

You are welcome to provide a patch that implements such a small and
efficient solution as you propose here - note that it should work on
all the processors and boards that are supported so far.

It's probably a good exercise for a newbie...  Happy hacking.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Until you walk a mile in another man's moccasins, you  can't  imagine
the smell.