[U-Boot] Marvell Kirkwood newbie question GPIO functions

Prafulla Wadaskar prafulla at marvell.com
Fri Jun 19 10:18:22 CEST 2009

It's my pleasure to reply you :-)
Basic Kirkwood Soc Support patches are available on the u-boot-arm.git/next (will be mainlined soon)
Sheevaplug board support patches are also submitted those are under review, you can find them here...
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-June/054313.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-June/054314.html
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-June/054316.html

Some other board patches are in pipeline

Objective for U-boot at git.marvell.com is to maintain a usable copy of u-boot with all accepted/unaccepted patches at one place to support Kirkwood developers, but once all these patches are mainlined, this repository will be removed.

> Sadly there is no generic gpio support - at least I couldn't find it.
> Are there any plans to support a driver for this feature?
BTW: what you want to do at u-boot level with GPIOs?
Current Kirkwood drivers and board support does not need any specific GPIO driver, you can access registers directly to read/write GPIOs. But I think if this is a need in future, I will add gpio driver support. You can provide me your requirements too.

> I'm willing to contribute some code if someone guides me a bit?
You are most welcomed....
Pls feel free to raise your queries...

Regards..
Prafulla . .