[U-Boot] Relocating to my code.

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Jun 24 10:34:04 CEST 2009

Hi Prathika,

> hi everyone,
> I am working on a card based on PPC440EP, I am porting u-boot on this card.
> As I understand, the PPC initially boots from the flash and then
> relocates itself to RAM address where there is board_init_r() and
> main_loop() is called.

Correct.  Running from flash makes writing to flash (i.e. updating
images there) somewhat complicated.

> I have an application code that simply does a loop back on UART
> channel2. After all the initialization,
> I want to knock off the relocation code, board_init_r() and main_loop()
> execution in u-boot and relocate it to my application
> The application code will residing in flash. How can I do this....
> anyone kindly help me in this regard...........

Why do you want to run from flash - what exactly are you trying to do?
Did you think about the consequences, i.e. where will your code store
local variables, etc.?

Why do you want to use U-Boot in the first place if you do not want to
use its main functionality?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The  mathematician's patterns,  like the  painter's or  the poet's,  must be
beautiful;  the ideas, like the colours or the words, must fit together in a