[U-Boot] Uboot and ARM SMP support

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 19:02:11 CEST 2009

Peter Pearse said the following on 06/25/2009 06:55 PM:
> Those interested in SMP booting on ARM may be interested in
>
> http://www.linux-arm.org/LinuxBootLoader/SMPBoot
>

> 	On ARM supplied development boards we rely on the pre-installed
>
> ARM Boot Monitor to provide the necessary setup to allow U-Boot to run uni-core.
>

> 	I am about to look at a patch for the ARM Fast Model A9 multicore
>
> in order to boot it without an ARM Boot Monitor. I'll cc this list
>
> once it is added to git://linux-arm.org/u-boot-armdev
>

> Apologies for the disclaimer - our sys admins seemd to have decided to close my open-source account.......

It might be exciting to look at boot and peripheral support planned:
a) unicore Vs multicore support at u-boot level?
b) single thread scheduling?
c)  interrrupt handling?
d) peripheral and flash handling could be concurrent?
e) anything else which could affect common systems?
f) any kernel/"other OS" specific features?

Regards,
Nishanth Menon