[U-Boot] U-book and GPLv3? (fwd)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Jun 26 23:35:45 CEST 2009

    > The other systems that you speak of are not consumer products, so this
    > requirement in GPLv3 does not apply to them.
    in a Point of payment terminal it does not apply are sure?

I am sure.  Those are not consumer products.  They are made for
businesses only.

    > You seem to be worried about something you haven't described clearly.
    > I think you're afraid of shadows, but since you have not described
    > them clearly, I really don't know.
    as example with the v3 you force me to give you my private key that I use
    to protect the product this is not acceptable

To deny the key to the user is not acceptable.  It makes the software
non-free, and gives the developer power over the user that nobody
should have.