[U-Boot] help required urgently for usbtty support in uboot

Naveen Kumar GADDIPATI naveen.gaddipati at stericsson.com
Sat Jun 27 10:16:08 CEST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm working on USBTTY for uboot1.3.1 by adding my usb device code by setting the CONFIG_USB_TTY, CONFIG_USB_DEVICE and CFG_CONSOLE_IS_IN_ENV flags.

Procedure
1)After booting the uboot with usbtty support, it will initialize my usb device with usbtty as cdc_acm device.

2)Then I have given the following commands
	setenv stderr usbtty; saveenv -working fine
	setenv stdin usbtty; setenv stdout usbtty;saveenv. After using this command, host windows PC not able to detect 	the cable. It stucks in console_setfile() function of common/console.c

3)But, if I do only the setenv stdin usbtty. USB Cable is detected as u-boot gadget on windows PC. From console_setfile() function of console.c, calling the getc() and tstc() functions of USBtty. I'm able to open the tera term with the new COM port. But I can't do any operations on this COM port. May be because of stdout is not set to usbtty.

Please reply asap.

Thanks for your support,
Naveen