[U-Boot] Regarding Netconsole support

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Jun 30 16:16:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

>             I have enabled Netconsole option on my customized powerpc 7410
> based processor board. I have set ncip as my host machine which is connected
> through serial port (Now act as debug port but i need the ethernet to be
> debug port).  i have set stdout and stdin as nc as mentioned on the
> doc/Readme.Netconsole. On the host system i have ran the script which is
> provided in the the Readme document.
>             After giving the commands on Target, the host machine is not
> giving the output correctly both input as well as output. When i type some
> character on the host side , i am getting some junk as output that too for
> some time only. After the target stops to respond.

It is very hard to diagnose such a problem from the distance.  Did you
check whether the network driver for your board works at all reliably,
i.e. can you tftp files successfully?

If this is the case I guess you will need to debug the problems as
netconsole does not have any current known (generic) problems.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Q:  What does FAQ stand for?