[U-Boot] Multiple device support - none at all?

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Fri Mar 13 07:45:11 CET 2009

Hello ksi,

ksi at koi8.net wrote:
[...]
> Eh, I did offer such a model for I2C :) And that model can be extended to
> anything else. That is what I'm actually implementing for my new board. But
> that goes into $(BOARD)/* because I simply don't have time for pushing it
> into the U-Boot proper. I wasted 2+ weeks for I2C without any result (that

You wasted? You told us you get money for it ... We didn;t, so what would we
say?

BTW: I have ready 2 new branches in the I2C git. One with exactly your
patches, and one with the suggestions by wolfgang and me. I think, when
v2009.03 is released I can make them public, and we can discuss them
objective (because we have now 2 versions which we can compare, so
no arguments must come from the sky ;-) again ...

> is not counting another couple of weeks I spent on that before starting
> sending patches to the list.)

When you want to get this in mainline, maybe next time you first ask
before spending "couple of weeks" for it?

bye
Heiko